Friday, February 8, 2008

Rotator Cuff

We are going to experience everything you always wanted to know about the rotator cuff. Guyk is scheduled for surgery on his rotator cuff on his right shoulder on March 7, 2008. He is right handed and his arm will be immobilized for 6 to 8 weeks. This is also his mouse hand. And to add to all this he types with two fingers or he did. He will be stuck with typing with one finger.

I suppose that I can type for him as he dictates, but I don't know if I can type his red-neck speak. He types how a word sounds. I am anal. I type or try to type correct English.

We are going to rearrange the living room as he will be sleeping in the recliner. Impossible to lay in bed with his arm in that immovable structure.

He is looking forward to getting it fixed and so am I. Our friend, Kenny said his friend, Leroy had this surgery done. He said Leroy was very happy with the results and he was no longer in pain.

Guyk is hurting all the way down in his fingers on his right arm from this rotator cuff injury.

We leave next week to go to Georgia to get his new denture plate. Then at least he will be able to eat.

He and Catfish will have one last fling before Guyk's surgery and long rehab.

We are going to get my new treadmill when we get back from Georgia. Otherwise who knows when Guyk will be able to set one up for me. I intend to help all I can. I am really looking forward to this new treadmill.

I will need this new treadmill to rid myself of all excess stress. Guyk is not the most amenable patient in the world. In fact, he usually is a grouch. But I love this grouch of mine with all my heart.

Next year we hope to go back to Oklahoma and get another freezer full of that wonderful catfish.

Thanks for stopping by. See you later.

6 comments:

Editor said...

I'm not so sure about that, I am looking forward to seeing you in the spring.

Anonymous said...

If you need a break, drop him off down here. I'm sure my boys will keep him entertained. ;-)

GUYK said...

editor..it don't look too promising. The doc is saying probably three months before he will release me to drive..and that puts it out until June..I'll just have to play by ear on any trips this year..maybe in the fall.

vw..now that ain't a bad idea!

none said...

Well here's to a sucessfull surgery and speedy recovery!

Editor said...

get Sweetthing to nail you up in a box and send you by rail, we will pick you up at the station.

Anonymous said...

Well, the surgery sounds like a bitch, but I'm glad Guy is getting it fixed. I'd hate to have him so he can't sling his shit and wit across the bloggerhood. It's usually the highlight of my mornings! LOL