Monday, November 5, 2007

Glaucoma

Well, shit. Guyk went to the eye doctor. Now the eye doctor thinks he may have glaucoma in that eye in which he is loosing his sight. Guyk allows he is falling apart. Let's hope not.

He is still having problems with that new drug, Plavix, that his primary doctor put him on. It is a blood thinner. He says he feels drug out and light headed. He is worried too.

He goes back to eye doctor in 2 weeks. The eye doctor started him on eye drops as if he had glaucoma even though the doctor is still guessing.

Such is life.

5 comments:

none said...

My father in law has had it for 20 years and so far medication has kept him healthy. I hope the doc figures it out soon.

pamibe said...

Doctors are sooo frustrating! Hope Guy gets some real answers soon!

Jan said...

Nickel..I'm sorry to hear that he may have glaucoma, but if he does, using the drops should keep it under control.

I am surprised that the doctor cannot determine whether or not he has glaucoma, though.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that, I had that diagnosis in '85, it was very high BP, it left me with an aneurism in one eye. I was bounced from one Alaska quack to another, a kidney doctor got me lined out. I hope they get it under control soon. The heck of it is, all too often they treat the symptom and not the problem. I'm wishing both of you all the best.

NICKEL said...

Thanks, Hammer. We are hoping the drops to the thing so that he does not loose his sight.

Thanks, Pamibe.

Thanks, Jan. He still has blood on the nerve of the eye. That is why they originally that he had a stoke. But after MRI and MRA of this brain, they can't say that he had a stoke. But the eye doctor says the eye pressure is high normal. And he is diabetic and has high blood pressure.

Thanks, Jack. We hope they get it under control soon too.